When you join the MLSA you become part of a democratic, member centred and rule-based Trade Union. All MLSA members are entitled and encouraged to attend the Annual General Meeting, which is the policy making forum of the Association and is an oportunity to have a say on how the union is run. The MLSA is run by a ten-person Executive Committee elected by the membership, which instructs the Secretariat to carry out the policy set by the membership at the Annual General Meeting.
The Medical Laboratory Scientists Association (MLSA) is a Registered Trade Union, an affiliate of the Services, Industrial, Professional and Technical Union (SIPTU) and a Member of the Irish Congress of Trade Unions (ICTU).
The MLSA is the sole Trade Union with representative and negotiation rights for Medical Scientists. Since 1961, it has worked to ensure that Medical Scientists have secure tenure of employment, good prospects of promotion and career advancement, a just salary and fair terms and conditions of employment.
The MLSA provides advice and representation through its skilled and professional negotiators / Industrial Relations Officers on the following issues:
- Representation at Local and National level
- Representation at all 3rd Party processes e.g.
- Workplace Relations Commission (WRC) negotiations
- WRC Adjudication Hearings
- Labour Court
- Terms and Conditions of Employment
- Dispute resolution at local level
- Salary rates
- Superannuation problems
- Health and Safety advice
- Disciplinary proceedings
- Grievance handling
- Dignity at Work
- Fitness to Practice
In addition, MLSA members enjoy the following benefits:
- Access to a network of trained local agents
- Access to a range of financial services at discounted/preferential rates: click here for details of MLSA Advantages provided by Cornmarket.
- Access to member-only information on the MLSA Website
- Regular Member updates / newsletters
- MLSA Annual Report
- CPD recording tool
- Eligible to apply for annual Cyril Keogh Academic Bursary for post-graduate education
If you have any further queries regarding MLSA membership please contact MLSA head office.